CVC Waitlist Policy
CVC Waitlist Policy
CLASS SIZES & WAITLIST NUMBERS:
Kindergarten-8th grades typically cap at 75 students per grade, equaling 25 students per classroom. 9th-12th grades typically cap at 100 students per grade.
Exceptions to these numbers are made with Board approval under the following circumstances:
- If a family with currently enrolled children applies within the Priority Enrollment timeframe to a grade that is already at full capacity, an additional spot may be added to accommodate the family having their children attend CVC together.
- If a family submits admissions applications for multiple children and one of the applying grades is at capacity, an additional spot may be added to the full grade to allow the siblings to transfer together to CVC.
- Any other exception as the Board sees fit.
TO QUALIFY FOR WAITLIST:
A waitlisted family/student has:
- Completed the application
- Sent in their pastor’s and teacher’s letters of reference
- Sent in their reports cards/transcript and state testing results
Completion of all three of these points guarantees the family/student the next available spot on the waitlist.
TO CLAIM AN OPEN SPOT:
If/when a spot opens up, the waitlisted family/student must still:
- Schedule and complete their assessment
- Schedule and complete the family interview
- Be accepted by the board
The family has two weeks from notification of the available spot to complete points 1 and 2. At day 15, barring any extenuating circumstances that have been reviewed by the enrollment office and the first waitlisted party, the next family on the waitlist is offered the position.
If a spot opens up in a grade with a waitlist two weeks or fewer before the start of the school year, the waitlisted family will have three days to complete points 1 and 2. At day 4, barring any extenuating circumstances that have been reviewed by the enrollment office and the first waitlisted party, the next family on the waitlist is offered the position.
Families who wish to secure a spot on the waitlist must abide by the policy above. If a family does not wish to complete the steps required to be placed on the waitlist, they will be added to an internal notification list, and contacted only in the event that spots open up in a grade with no formal waitlisted families/students.