Central Valley Christian Schools had its beginning in 1944 when a group of people dedicated to Christian education formed the Central Valley Christian School Society and started Hanford Christian School.
The combination of widening boundaries and continued growth motivated the Society to start a second elementary campus in Visalia in 1979. The school started in the buildings of the First Christian Reformed Church of Visalia and was able to stay in that facility for the next several years.
Again motivated by growth the Society purchased 25 acres of land from the city of Visalia and started the new school with the addition of a high school in 1982. The first graduating class was in 1986.
The Hanford and Central Valley Christian campuses remained under the same school board and superintendent until 1994 when by a mutual and friendly decision it was decided to break away and become two separate schools.